Speaker Resource Center
Please review the tasks below and ensure that you have completed each one by the due date.
|Task Name||Due Date|
|Confirm Your Attendance at APIC 2018||November 3, 2017|
|*Confirm Primary Speaker||November 3, 2017|
|*Confirm Primary Speaker and Additional Speakers||November 3, 2017|
|Review and Sign Speaker Agreement||December 1, 2017|
|Confirm/Update Contact and Demographic Information||December 1, 2017|
|Update/Confirm Speaker Biography||December 1, 2017|
|Upload Your Photograph||December 1, 2017|
|Review and Acknowledge Financial Disclosures||December 1, 2017|
|*Career Stage Categorization||December 1, 2017|
|*Review, Edit, and Confirm your Presentation Title||December 1, 2017|
|*Update/Confirm Learning Objectives||December 1, 2017|
|Housing Request||February 2, 2018|
|Register for APIC 2018||March 16, 2018|
|Review PowerPoint Presentation Guidelines||April 27, 2018|
|*Upload Presentation||April 27, 2018|
*Please note that not all speakers will see each task. Primary speakers/contacts will have access to additional tasks marked with an asterisk (*). For login access and questions pertaining to completion of tasks, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Speaker Benefits Policy
All speakers for accepted 60-minute, 30-minute, and workshop sessions are entitled to the following:
For U.S.-Based Speakers:
Travel reimbursement is defined as:
- Round-trip coach airfare, gratuities, baggage fees and ground transportation to and from the airport with a combined total reimbursable amount of no more than $750. Please note that any receipt indicating a non-coach airfare may be rejected or additional information may be required for reimbursement eligibility.
- Two (2) nights stay at an APIC conference hotel, to be arranged directly through the APIC housing task. Please note that this is a change from last year. Hotel costs are not included in the $750 reimbursable amount. This is a separate cost that will be paid by APIC. ALL reimbursable speakers are required to book their hotel through the Speaker Resource Center (Cadmium). Hotel confirmations will be sent at the end of March.
- Complimentary one-day registration with speaker name badge OR one (1) reduced full conference registration fee of $300 for the speaker.
For International (Non-US Based) speaker:
Travel reimbursement is defined as:
- Round trip coach airfare, gratuities, baggage fees and ground transportation to and from the airport with a combined total reimbursable amount of no more than $1,000. Please note that any receipt indicating a non-coach airfare may be rejected or additional information may be required for reimbursement eligibility.
- Four (4) nights stay at an APIC conference hotel, to be arranged directly through the APIC housing task. Please note this is a change from last year. Hotel costs are not included in the $1,000 reimbursable amount. This is a separate cost that will be paid by APIC. ALL reimbursable speakers are required to book their hotel through the Speaker Resource Center (Cadmium). Hotel confirmations will be sent at the end of March.
- Complimentary one-day registration with speaker name badge or one (1) reduced full conference registration fee of $300 for the speaker.
*Note that all monetary values are in U.S. dollars.
Annual Conference Registration Cancellation Policy
All registration cancellations and refund requests must be made in writing by May 11, 2018. An 80 percent refund of conference fees will be given for cancellations received by that date. No refunds will be granted for requests date-stamped after May 11, 2018. Submit all requests to APIC Annual Conference registration via email at email@example.com. APIC regrets that refunds will not be given for no-shows. All requests for exceptions to the cancellation/refund policy must be submitted in writing by the registrant with appropriate documentation no later than June 29, 2018. After that time, no refund considerations will be made. Substitutions within this program are gladly accepted. A substitution of your full registration is permitted prior to the conference by submitting a written request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Onsite transfers are not permitted. Only one substitution is permitted per original registrant. The individual submitting the substitution request is responsible for all financial obligations (any balance due) associated with that substitution before the change can be made. Badge sharing, splitting, and reprints are strictly prohibited.
APIC Speaker Reimbursement Policy
- APIC does not reimburse for meal expenses.
- Any expense item not listed in the “speaker benefits” section is not covered by APIC and is not considered a reimbursable expense.
- To be eligible for reimbursement, you agree to input your speaker reimbursement using the official APIC forms provided and return it by the deadline. A reimbursement form and instructions will be provided as a task by June 22, 2018 for any reimbursable speaker. All reimbursable speakers must submit the form by *July 31, 2018. (You have 30 days to complete your reimbursement form)
- Speakers are entitled to only one (1) set of speaker benefits regardless of the number of sessions at which they are speaking.
- Moderators do not receive speaker benefits or any reimbursement for costs incurred.
How to Receive Continuing Education/Contact Hours
We will not be scanning badges at APIC 2018. Attendees must now self-report sessions attended.
- RECORD: At the end of each session, record the session title and number in your onsite program book (on page 6) or in the APIC 2018 Mobile App.
- EVALUATE: After the conference, you will receive a link via email to fill out evaluation forms; both individual sessions and overall conference evaluations.
- DOWNLOAD AND PRINT: After you’ve completed the evaluations, simply download and print your Continuing Education and Attendance Certificate
- To Claim CEUs for APIC 2018: Please click here
The call for abstracts closed on Wednesday, November 15. Notification letters will be sent February 23–27, 2018. Note: Poster Presenters do not receive reimbursement for conference costs such as registration, housing, transportation, etc.
Questions? Email email@example.com.
The call for speakers closed on Monday, August 7. Notification letters were sent October 17–20, 2017. Please see above for all speaker benefits.
The Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology, Inc. (APIC) is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s (ANCC) Commission on Accreditation. One contact hour is defined as one hour of time spent in an educational experience.